What: Geo for Good Down Under
When: November 7-9, 2012
Where: Google Australia office, 48 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009
Cost: Attendance is free, following acceptance into the workshop through Google’s application process. Breakfast and lunch on these 3 days will be provided free to participants.
Who should attend?: Australian and New Zealand nonprofit technology specialists. Ideal participants will meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are employed at a nonprofit or consult for nonprofits
- Are currently working on mapping projects, or have datasets they want to map.
- Demonstrate ability to implement and make effective use of Google mapping technology within their organisation.
- Possess training experience and intend to train others within their organisation or in the larger nonprofit community on Google mapping technology.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Earth, Google Earth Engine and/or Google Maps Engine
- GIS experience
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming with the Google Maps API or other Google Geo APIs
This hands-on workshop is limited to 75 participants. Due to limited space, we may not be able to accept every workshop applicant, and no more than 2 representatives from each organisation will be accepted.
The application period for Geo for Good Down Under is now closed. Sign up for our mailing list or check out our calendar for future workshops and event.
Due to limited space, we will not be able to accommodate drop-ins.